Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby quilt top

Like I mentioned in the last post, I've decided it would probably be a good idea to have a stack of baby quilt tops hiding in my closet, ready to go the next time I'm invited to a baby shower. Plus, I keep finding adorable baby fabric in clearance bins, and I felt like using some of it. So here's the first one, from my own pattern:


I had been hoping to make it a little bigger (it's now 28x28), but then I would have had to buy more medium blue fabric rather than using up a fat quarter, and using up fat quarters is also part of my goal with these baby tops. So, I'm going to put some relatively wide borders on it. I'm not sure I have fabric for those, but oh well. It can always wait until there's an actual baby!


1 comment:

  1. That's a great little quilt! I love the way it's more intricate than your average baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete