Sunday, February 20, 2011

Black and White Quilt

This is my first attempt at a black and white (well, and green) quilt. I really like black and white plus one accent color quilts, and I've been wanting to do one for a while. Some of the squares blend together a bit more than I would have liked, but overall I think it's pretty fun.


Please disregard the weeds in my lawn!


This quilt will be heading off to a new home tomorrow. It's for a dear friend whom I've been wanting to send a care package to, and since she lives in the northeast she could probably use one that will help keep her warm! Green is her favorite color, and since she loves cats and played in the college band with me, there are some fabrics with those themes in there as well.


I'm still pondering the one-block wonders on my design wall, so I may start piecing some baby quilt tops--I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have some tops on hand ready to go since there often isn't that much notice for showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment