Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shameless bragging

Tonight was the member preview of the Cotton Patch Quilt Show, and of the five quilts I put in the show, two won ribbons (and check out how gorgeous the ribbons are)!

A red (second place) ribbon in the Novice category for my second quilt ever, The Other 71%.



And an Honorable Mention for Global Warming. As you might remember, I really felt that while some of it turned out well, it wasn't a great effort overall. If it hadn't been made specifically for the Show Challenge, I would never have entered it, so this came as a huge surprise and is very gratifying. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the judge's comments on all my quilts.


I think they look pretty sweet hanging in a show! I'll be taking lots more pictures, but today was a bit crazy (awards + find where your quilts are + take advantage of the vendors' preview discount all in only two hours!), so I didn't really get to look carefully at all the quilts--but I can tell you there are lots of gorgeous ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment